I love flea markets, but frankly, who doesn’t? Is there someone in the world that wouldn’t like to spend a whole Sunday morning at a flea market? Although the fact that flea markets are between the best places in the world, there are some rules to follow to shop without regrets or being scammed (because yes, that happens quite often).
1. Avoid impulsive buys. I know you totally felt in love with that Portuguese chest, but are you sure it is authentic, that it worts the cost and that it will look nice with the rest of your furniture?
2. If you’re looking for something in particular, make a list of the essential characteristics of the objet of your desire before heading to the flea market. If your first idea was finding a blue Louis XIV chair, think well before ending up buying a leather armchair.
3. Give yourself (and your credit card) a budget.
4. Enjoy your time wandering around the stands and looking at all the treasures and fripperies before buying something.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask plenty of questions to the seller before making a purchase.
Do you have other suggestions about flea markets shopping? I would like to hear your opinion.
Ph. Sara Ottavia Carolei