Except for The Roaring Twenties I don’t know if there is a more inspiring period than the 60s.
Here are the 11 style lessons to take from one of the richest and most fascinating decades ever.
1. Symmetry is essential. The more you know your body shapes, the more you can play with symmetry creating geometrical but soft levels in your outfits.
2. A girl always has to be mysterious.
3. Emancipation is the key. Don’t let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn’t wear, do, think and say. You can follow suggestions but don’t take silly orders.
4. Stay classy even in your most crazy and dissolute moments.
5. Don’t be afraid to experiment, but do it with style and intelligence.
6. Feel free to wear both irreverent and preppy looks.
7. Past is past, you may refer to it but try to focus on the present and the future.
8. Wear boys clothes acting like a lady and ladies clothes acting like a boy.
9. Wear flats as if they were high heels and high heels as if they were flats.
10. Have fun in your clothes.
11. Find your own inner sensuality.
Collage, Sara Ottavia Carolei