Just a little Friday night reminder for everyone.
Bon-ton is something evergreen, that never goes out of fashion and that matches perfectly with everything you wear (proven theory).
Yesterday was the anniversary of the birth of the queen of bon-ton, Grace Kelly aka Princess Grace of Monaco (s-o-r-r-y).
She has always been my muse, since I used to watch her movies with my maternal grandmother (editor’s note, yes).
So, it would be great for us all to honor her remembering some easy-to-follow bon-ton rules.
Are you in?
- Be kind to anyone. Kindness is always the best choice.
- Try not to say too many swear words. Every vocabulary of every language is full of nice synonyms.
- Don’t show off.
- Don’t scream.
- Don’t dress like a stripteaser unless you are a stripteaser.
- Be educated with waitress and salespeople.
- Be educated with anyone who isn’t.
- Listen when other people are talking to you.
- Express your opinion in an elegant way.
- Prefer love over hate (that may sound a little out of topic, but if you think well, it isn’t).
Ph. Grace Kelly by Howell Conant, 1956 + handwriting by Sara Ottavia Carolei