Red lips are the beauty equivalent of the little black dress.
Not only they are an evergreen that never goes out of fashion, but red lips are also a powerful game changer.
Here are Style Behind’s beauty rules to wear red lipstick.
- Learn how to apply your red lipstick properly. Our favorite tutorial via Cupcakes & Cashmere here.
- Choose the right red shade for your lips. Our favorite shades here, here and here.
- Prefer red lipstick when your look is minimalist or girly, avoid it when you dress to kill. We are not in a 90s B-movie.
- Just don’t wear it to a dinner. It’s not sexy nor classy to see lips signs on a crystal glass.
- When you wear red lipstick, don’t take yourself too seriously.
What do you think? What are your personal rules for wearing red lipstick?
Let us know in the comments below.
Illustration Sara Ottavia Carolei©