It takes courage to wear a head-to-toes look. But the final effect could be incredibly outstanding and satisfying.
First of all, remember that to dare with a look has nothing to do with being ridiculous. I think we all got tired of all those clown-like looks that are obviously created just to impress the eyes of a street style photographer outside the latest Chanel’s fashion show. But we’ll talk about that later, in an article dedicated to fashion week’s etiquette.
Today’s topic is: how (and when) to wear an head-to-toes look?
Here are our own rules:
- Be sure that you won’t regret the choice. In order to wear a look like that you need to be in a very good, relaxed and self confident mood.
- Be sure that the occasion permits it. Don’t wear a look like this to a job interview or to the first date with a new guy.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. I know we repeat it often, but it’s something we all should keep in mind (in almost any situation).
- Choose a pattern/color based on your body shape, skin tone and personal style.
- Give it a twist by styling it with the right jewels and accessories.
- Have fun!
What do you think? Do you like to wear head-to-toes looks?
Illustration Sara Ottavia Carolei