Since e-commerces have been invented, the global conception of “shopping” has totally changed.
When I was younger I remember planning my shopping sessions weeks before, contacting my girlfriends and organizing our boutiques tours like they were road trips.
Now, we can shop the latest collections from our sofas drinking tea, doing our mani-pedi and cuddling our pets at the same time.
Although for me there will never be huger satisfaction than touching, feeling and smelling an item before buying it, I have to admit I’m an online shopping addict too. Especially on a Sunday night when the weather outside is terrible.
I’ve been asked tips about online shopping so many times, that I’ve now decided to share those tips with you.
Here they are:
- Make a wish-list. The risk of buying something you don’t really need doubles when you are shopping online.
- Double check size guides, always.
- Don’t skip the “product details” part. You need to know if this sweater is real cashmere or just another 99% acrylic one.
- Read the shipping rules carefully. Check the delivery informations and be sure there are not additional custom fees. Personal experience: last summer I bought a bikini from an online shop and I didn’t read the delivery informations. When they delivered me my purchase, I learned I had to pay $35 extra for custom fees.
- If you are looking for a specific item from a specific brand, shop on their own e-commerce.
- If you’re not in a rush, prefer a standard delivery. There’s no need to spend extra money on a fast delivery. If you really need to get an item for a near date, then online shopping is not the best solution.
Here are our favorite destinations for online shopping:
Net-a-porter, The Outnet, Lisa Says Gah, Asos, Topshop, Forever 21, StyleBop, Vestiaire Collective, Assembly New York, Opening Ceremony, Urban Outfitters, Moda Operandi, Colette, My Habit, Fancy, Merci.
What do you think? Are you an online shopping addict?
Share your tips with us!
Illustration, Sara Ottavia Carolei