Whether you do your mani in a beauty salon or at home, the choice of the right nail polish is crucial to obtain a perfect manicure.
Here are some rules from our beauty insiders.
- Pick a color that goes well with your skin tone. For pale skin: red, neutrals, black, pink. For dark skin: red, neutrals, pastels.
- If you don’t have the time to change your nail polish color everyday, opt for a neutral color.
- When it comes to manicure, we consider red as a neutral and so should you (see point 1 and 2).
- Say NO to french manicure. It is not sophisticated nor classy. Never.
- If you are doing your mani at home, choose high quality products. Only if the nail polish is a high quality one, the nuance will result at its best.
- Don’t choose a nail polish color based on trends.
- Experiment! You have to try many different colors and combinations to find what suits you better.
Cover image, Sara Ottavia Carolei