Do you remember our article about creating your own trends? We talked about personal style and the way it reflects your personality.
Well, today we want to focus on the relationship between self confidence and personal style.
Style is something everyone talks about, but what having style really means? First of all, not following the trends (as we already said). But having a strong personal style also means declaring your independence, telling something about you and the way you see life.
Whether you are a black-is-the-happiest-color person or a prints-only one, here are the 7 style rules you should follow.
- Dress for yourself. It may sound obvious, but it isn’t. Even the most self-confident girl sometimes dresses to impress. Remember this: the only person you should impress is you!
- Define your own dos and don’ts but don’t impose yourself any strict rule.
- Observe and take inspiration from older and wiser women. They usually know how to dare with a look.
- Find what really fits you and only wear what makes you feel good with yourself.
- Take some style risks.
- Learn how to deal with critics.
- Have fun!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
Illustration, Sara Ottavia Carolei